Terms & Conditions
TroutQuest offers guided fly fishing trips and experiences throughout the Highlands of Scotland. Our packages generally combine guiding and ghillie services with trout or salmon fishing permits, and tackle & equipment rental.
In some instances, refreshments may be provided, but in general we do not provide catering, and guests should bring their own food for lunch.
Accommodation is occasionally provided for organised trips or courses, the cost of which is included in packages, in which case it will be detailed for each booking.
By purchasing one of our packages you agree that you fully understand our terms and conditions described below.
- TroutQuest recommend that all guests ensure they are covered by appropriate insurances for the duration of their stay and the activities undertaken. Travel insurance should include flight and activity cancellations, medical & emergency expenses (including repatriation), baggage and personal possession loss and damage, personal accidents, injuries and death.
- TroutQuest cannot be held liable for any conditions out with our reasonable control. Neither TroutQuest nor any person assisting it shall be liable for the consequences of delays or restrictions from adverse weather, travel restrictions, flooding, drought, industrial action, fuel-rationing, health epidemics or any other cause, and reserves the right to restrict the activity if unusual or hazardous conditions prevail. Neither TroutQuest nor any person or company assisting or collaborating with us shall be liable for death, personal injury or illness. However nothing in this agreement is meant to exclude liability for death or personal injury due to negligence on the part of TroutQuest.
- Your safety and that of all other members of the party is always our primary concern.
- All safety instructions and decisions given by your guide or ghillie will be final and must be followed. If a client does not adhere to the safety instructions given or fails to wear safety equipment provided putting themselves or others at risk, they will be asked to leave the session and the contract will be terminated. No refund will be applicable in these circumstances.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- On some fisheries all anglers are required to comply with biosecurity measures to protect against the Gyrodactylus salaris parasite and/or other invasive species. These may require you to disinfect your own tackle on site (or use tackle provided by TroutQuest), or to sign a declaration confirming that you have taken measures to disinfect your tackle prior to arrival.
- Clients must pay for rod breakages which occur from misuse or carelessness by paying a nominal fee towards repair and courier costs of £50 per breakage.
- All photography taken by us is copyright of TroutQuest. We often use photos taken during our fishing days for digital marketing. If you would prefer that we did not use these for privacy reasons, then please let us know on the day or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contract with TroutQuest is governed by Scottish law and subject to jurisdiction in Scottish courts only.
- When a booking is made, we will make a provisional reservation of the necessary resources in your name and then provide an invoice for a 50% non-refundable deposit, which should be paid within 14 days. Once paid the booking will be confirmed.
- An invoice for the balance will be sent to you approximately 4 weeks prior to the commencement of your fishing and must be settled in advance of your fishing experience.
- When a booking is made less than 6 weeks prior to the fishing date, we will invoice you for full payment which should be settled at least 14 days in advance of your fishing experience.
- Failure to comply with any of these payment terms could lead to cancellation of your booking without further notice.
Payments may be made by any of the following means:-
- By internet or other direct funds transfer to TroutQuest’s bank account (preferred). Our account details will be provided on your invoice.
- By international bank transfer, with all bank charges paid for by the client.
- By cheque made payable to ‘TroutQuest’ drawn on a UK bank.
- By PayPal, who accept most debit and credit cards. This is our recommended method for international clients.
- All deposits are non-refundable and are retained in the event of cancellation to cover costs and lost opportunities for alternate bookings.
- If a client wishes to cancel a booking, a minimum of 28 days’ notice must be given in writing. If the client has paid in full, an amount equal to 50% of the total payment received will be returned to the client.
- In the event of cancellation by a client who has paid in full less than 28 days before their fishing date, they will be offered a credit of 50% of the total value they have paid towards a future trip, less any non-refundable fishing or accommodation expenses incurred by TroutQuest.
- We strongly recommend that clients insure against cancellation.
- If TroutQuest makes the decision to cancel an experience or guiding session for safety reasons e.g. extreme weather conditions, river water levels or any other safety grounds; then the client will be offered alternate arrangements or a full refund less expenses.
- TroutQuest reserves the right to cancel your booking, in which case we will offer an alternative booking of equivalent standard, or a full refund. When a refund is given due to cancellation by TroutQuest, the liability will only extend to the value of the experience of guided fishing that has been cancelled and not to any additional costs incurred by the client.
CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 AMENDMENTS EFFECTIVE MARCH 2020
The Coronavirus pandemic is resulting in rapid changes to travel and accommodation availability, social behaviour and health and safety practices. There are increasing restrictions and regulations from the UK and other Governments that may affect your travel plans and our ability to deliver guided fishing experiences as planned. We therefore offer the following amendments to our standard Terms and Conditions.
UK Government ‘Stay at Home’ Directive 24/03/20
Effective 24th March 2020 the UK Government announced non-essential workers should stay at home for a 3 week period. This means that there is no fishing allowed in the UK until 14th April 2020 at the earliest. We are therefore unable to deliver any guided fishing trips during this period. Any client who has booked for fishing during this period will be offered alternate arrangements.
UK Government ‘Social Distancing’ Directives 17-20/03/20
The UK government has introduced new measures to limit people’s sustained social contact including the closure of entertainment, hospitality and indoor leisure premises across the country. A minimum of 2m separation is required for all public interaction. Their aim is to limit the spread of the virus by preventing the gathering of groups of people at events and/or locations and to reinforce “social distancing”. TroutQuest are therefore unable to offer experiences or events for groups of more than 2 people until these restrictions are lifted. Any client who has booked fishing for a group, during the period that these restrictions are in place, will be offered alternate arrangements.
COVID-19 New Bookings
- Effective 12th March 2020, all new bookings will be invoiced for a 25% deposit only. In the event of subsequent voluntary cancellation, this reduced deposit will be retained, but if the client is unable to take the fishing day due to travel or accommodation restrictions then a full credit will be applied against a future trip.
- Clients that book after 12th March 2020 and who pay in full, also receive new terms as per the Existing Bookings Cancellations below.
COVID-19 Existing Booking Cancellations
- Effective 12th March 2020, for cancellations made due to travel restrictions, clients will be offered return of all funds paid less their deposit and any non-refundable fishing or accommodation expenses, or all funds less any expenses can be credited against a future trip.
- For voluntary cancellations made more than 28 days in advance of their fishing, clients will be returned 50% of all payments less any non-refundable fishing or accommodation expenses.
- For voluntary cancellations made less than 28 days in advance, clients will be offered 50% of all payments as a credit towards a future trip, less any non-refundable fishing or accommodation expenses.
Our full terms and conditions can be downloaded here